Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Morning After Thoughts & Other Things to Ponder...

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Some things I just can't seem to stop wondering about in reflection on our little gem of a first show!

What's up with having DeAnna live in the same house Brad lived in!? Thanks for the memories Chris Harrison! And way to save a buck or two ABC!

Mathew Lesko is Calling Jesse, he wants his jacket back!

What's the real story behind Ron's missing coat?

Did anyone notice that Donato's suit was like a mini-me version of Ryan's!?

Did DeAnna's constant stepping on her dress and holding it up bother anyone else?! I just wanted to yell cut and go to town with a pair of shears! Bad costume wrangler!

The Quotable (Or Not) Bachelor/ette:

I was afraid you could see it moving in my suit! --Squinty Spero

I wouldn't say I'm a master of seduction, but uh, I'm definitely working on my degree. --Whip it Up Robert

I'm diggin' on that man. --Duck Duck Goose Chandler

I just want a freakin' rose! --Sweaty Abs Brian W. (IN)

Dude, some 1-on-1 action! --Like Totally Jesse

It's like blood in shark-infested waters. (Gulp) --Virgin Blanket Hogger Ryan

You gave DeAnna a pearl necklace and he gave her crabs! --Lap Dance Donato

I would normally not go kicking lemons off people's heads! --HiYA! Sean

When I wake up, I'm going to kick you in the nuts 5 times! --Lemonhead Jesse

I will go through the fire. I can take the suffering. Howwwwwoooooooooooooooollll!!! --Cuy-Otey Greg

Let's have a rumble maaan! --Stalker Twilley

My name is on the back of this boy's booty! --Spitfire DeAnna

Bachelorette Activity #1
Whip Up A Batch of Your Own Seductive Crab Cocktail:


While I couldn't find Chef Robert's recipe online using crab, champagne, butter, garlic, green onion, paprika, with a little imagination you could probably attempt this at home kiddies:) But here's a Bobby Flay recipe you might try whipping up:

Dungeness Crab Cocktail
Ingredients:
  • 1 can (13 1/2 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons habanero hot sauce
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds lump crabmeat, picked over
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • One 7-ounce bag plantain chips or tortilla chips
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk, lime juice and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
  2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the crabmeat to shallow bowls and garnish with the cilantro. Serve the chips on the side.
Funny Screen Cap Moment: A Page From Jenni's Journal:

All pondering aside, until next week...

Jenn:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are laugh we wanted!
Keep it up!
You rock!

Anonymous said...

Funny & original!

I will look forward to your next re-cap.